Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Private Peaceful Review



I finished Private Peaceful by Michael Morpurgo (how's that for a name?) last night. I picked it up because it was a short read (202 pages) and looked good. And honestly, it was good, but frustrating at times. Tommo, the main character, didn't seem to make much emotional growth over the course of the book, which is set against the backdrop of World War 1. He remains childishly in love with his brother's wife throughout, to the point that I just wanted to shake him! But it is a story with a deep brotherly/family bond theme, and it does show the tragedies of trench warfare. I could easily see it being used in a U.S. history class, and I think the author did a good job with the subject matter. My amazon review can be found at: http://tinyurl.com/36csj2. ~taminator40

No comments: