Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Finishing Fearless


I finally finished Fearless by Lucia St. Clair Robson. Well, perhaps finished is not quite the right word, since I spent the last 50 pages or so just skimming to get to the end. Having read (and loved) other books by Robson, I can say this one was a big disappointment. While it had its moments, it certainly didn't live up to Ride the Wind or Mary's Land. It was just so boring in spots! There were times when I would find myself interested in Sarah Bowman, but after a while it seemed as though much of her life was repetitious. Robson's an excellent writer and usually her well-researched historical fiction just grabs me, but this one, which I read as part of my tbr_challenge, just fell a bit flat for me. I reviewed it at amazon at http://tinyurl.com/yvwzv9, giving it 3 out of 5 stars, which is probably a gift because I've enjoyed the author so much in the past. But at least I did finish it.
Next up will be the next entry in the Sookie Stackhouse Southern Vampire Mysteries, Definitely Dead. I figure I need to get away from both Harry Potter and historical fiction for a bit, and since I love this series, it will hopefully be more fun than Fearless.
~taminator40

No comments: