Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Do You Believe in Ghosts?



Do you believe in ghosts? I'm 95% sure I do, but even if I didn't, I do adore watching Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi on Wednesdays, and I like reading about others' possible encounters with the spirit world. This book, Will Storr Vs. the Supernatural, written by Will Storr, British journalist-at-large, is his take on paranormal investigation and the possibility that something else exists beyond death. Storr is not only a skeptic, he's agnostic; this adds a different dimension to his research since he grapples with his Catholic upbringing that he'd thought well behind him. So what does he surmise by the end of the book? I won't tell you (very evil grin inserted here) but I will say that lives are changed and thought processes are examined very closely. Nice and creepy, humorous and philosophical, this is a must-read for those who enjoy the possibilties of the paranormal.

The link to my amazon review can be found at: http://tinyurl.com/3xokrg

Now I'm reading an account of the Titanic sinking from a survivor's point of view. This is a short one that likely will not be reviewed at amazon as it's lacking an ISBN number since it was published by the Titanic Historical Society. I will review it here when I finish, which should be tonight since it's very short.

Tomorrow I'll review the Harry Potter movie, which we saw today.

~taminator40

No comments: