Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Friday, March 23, 2007

On the Porch Swing

I belong to an online group called OnThePorchSwing at www.yahoogroups.com. It's a nice group of readers who share what they are reading and help us all add to our tbr piles copiously. However, it never occurred to me until this afternoon (caution: "Duh!" alert) that some of my favorite times reading come when I'm ensconced on our own porch swing, book in hand, chips nearby, telephone outside with me, birds swooping by overhead. It's one of my very favorite sites to take a book to, and I miss it horribly during those long, cold months of winter when it's just too darned cold to sit outside for long. Now that our weather has thankfully taken an upturn toward spring, I've found myself perched gloriously (okay, just perched) on my swing, gently swaying in the breeze, the late afternoon sun warming both my body and my soul. There simply cannot be a better way to live!

I finished not one, but two (yes, I said TWO) books today. The first was one I'd been reading for a couple of days: The Vampire Who Loved Me by Teresa Medeiros, picked up soley because I needed something light for spring break and I have a thing for vampires these days. My amazon.com review can be found at the following web address:

http://tinyurl.com/yrbuwv

Secondly, I picked up and read I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron in its entirety this afternoon. I wasn't sure I'd like this one because I'd heard it wasn't that good, but I surprisingly enjoyed it! It's a collection of essays of Ephron's observations on life. I particularly enjoyed her chapter on the importance of books. The review, found at Amazon.com, is linked below:

http://tinyurl.com/34jxoz

So there it is! I feel as though my reading is picking back up and I enjoyed my time off during spring break. Now if only I could win the lottery so I could spend all day, every day, reading...

~taminator40

No comments: