Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Thursday, May 24, 2007

There and Back Again Review

I recently read the next book on tbr_challenge list (see side bar), Sean Astin's There and Back Again. I'd looked forward to it because I'm such a huge fan of the movies and the books, and I was suitably impressed by Astin's work as Samwise Gamgee in the movies. Unfortunately, his book really could have used a good editor; the book itself spends an inordinate amount of time on the filming of Sean's other films, which would have been fine if the book didn't bear the title it does. While there were some redeeming moments in the book, and I loved the idea of glimpsing behind the scenes, overall I'm mighty disappointed. Here's the link to my amazon.com review:

http://tinyurl.com/3ys9wp

At least I've knocked out another book that's spent way too long living in Mt. TBR, and I did indeed finish it, which I consider quite an accomplishment, actually.

Now I'm off to finish my current brain candy book, Kilgannon. Ah, romance...something you don't have to think about at all.

~taminator40

No comments: