Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pirates of the Caribbean 3


This won't be an official review of Pirates of the Caribbean 3; instead I thought I'd write a few words about how much I enjoyed our family viewing of this movie this afternoon. Where Pirates 2 at times dragged a bit, this one grabs you early and doesn't let go until the final frames (and be sure to stay until after the closing credits!). We settled in with a gigunda bag of popcorn and the obligatory Cokes, and I at least was thinking how on earth could I sit there for almost 3 hours? The truth is, the time just flew by! The action is fast and furious, and the fun of seeing how the characters have grown (or not) over the course of the trilogy is fascinating. Jack Sparrow's lines are beyond hilarious (One I quickly memorized: "Let me use my machete to clear out the thicket of your brain"), and Keith Richards is the PERFECT father-figure for Jack. And it's official: I'm a dirty older woman now, because the sight of Orlando Bloom on the Flying Dutchman at the end sent my middle-aged hormones into overdrive and made my temperature rise significantly. Can I just say Arrrrgh? LOL! I thought the storyline moved along fluidly and I particularly loved the marriage scene (but I won't provide any more spoilers than that so you'll just have to see who actually gets married). A perfect ending to a great series of movies! Go see it; you won't be sorry. Savvy?


~taminator40

No comments: