Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Friday, February 16, 2007

Of Snow Days and Other Stuff

Yesterday was a surprise snow day for the girls and I! Honestly, we could have been on a delay and been fine, but it was nice to be off. We went out and got "You're Turning 40" gifts for my brother (whose birthday is today---Love Ya, Little Brother!) and got lunch. Then I attempted to read a bit. I'm tackling She Walks These Hills by Sharyn McCrumb, one of my tbr_challenge books. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but while it's certainly readable, it's not exactly what I thought it would be. I expect I'll be able to knock it out rather quickly and time will tell whether or not it'll be a "good" book.

Before that I finsihed The Pale Horseman by Bernard Cornwell. I ended up liking it quite a bit! Here's the link to my Amazon.com review, found under the name Taminator1:
http://tinyurl.com/2l4fs2

Thanks to my book friend. Beth, I've got Lords of the North awaiting me in Mt. TBR and I do think I'll be reading this one sooner rather than later.

~taminator40

No comments: