Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Addition of the Grateful List

I decided I needed to add a public "Grateful List" to this blog in an effort to make myself more aware of the good things I have going on in my life. I tried at one time to write these things down on a daily basis in a book, but that fell by the wayside fairly quickly. I figure if I've got it out there for others to view, perhaps I'll make more headway. I tend to focus on the bad stuff, and maybe this will be Step One in learning to look at the good stuff, too.

I started off with the Biggies (with the addition of *snow*--we've had the prettiest flakes here all day today!). Of course I'm grateful for all of these things and people, but occasionally I need to remind myself of these things. I hope to get down to more specific little things as the days progress. Maybe I won't feel the need to repeat myself continually...I intend to try to list even such small "gratefuls" as not hitting a traffic light on my way home today.

So what about you? Anything you're grateful for? Not just the big stuff, but are you grateful for the minor things? I should have listed the fact that I'm grateful I saw 6 male cardinals in our backyard today, so bright and pretty against the falling snow, even if each did look like it weighed about 5 pounds. We have the fattest birds in the state in this neighborhood, I do believe. But it was a beautiful sight and I'm glad I got to experience it.

Right now I'm also grateful for good music. I've got Napster playing some softer rock/country stuff on in the background and every once in a while, I need the reminder of how much music touches me.

Yep, I'm grateful for a lot of things. And I do need the reminder.

~taminator40

No comments: