Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Monday, February 19, 2007

Inservice Days

We had an inservice day at school today. Yawn. While the rest of the world (or so it seems) had Presidents' Day off, the teachers here were forced into meeting hell. Actually, it wasn't so bad; our principal is really pretty laid back (perhaps too laid back?) and didn't overschedule us as far as meetings are concerned. I did have enough time to get caught up on several things in my room, which was good. Plus I had an awesome time over lunch, just chewing the fat and laughing and commiserating with some buddies. It's so nice to know you're not alone in your thoughts about a school problem; sometimes it's just nice to be able to bitch a bit and then get on with it.

This is my last week with my current rotation of students. I'm kinda sad. There's not a group this 12 weeks that I've really disliked, and I've actually enjoyed most of them. The last 12 weeks (can you believe we'll be that close to summer break??) sees me returning to teaching reading to a small group of 7th graders. I made a class trade with another teacher and it's coming up roses for both of us. Which means I'll have one less technology class this time, but I do so like to teach reading. I've already got my first novel selected--The Watsons Go to Birmingham. Now granted, 7th graders may be a *bit* squirrelly, but I think we'll have fun with it and I'm looking forward to it. It'll be nice to teach reading again for a change.

Four weeks until spring break....I can't believe it! Less than a week until Jeff starts his new job as the new principal at a brand new school opening in the fall. Hannah got invited to the prom! Our lives are marching on. I'm grateful and contented. Let's hope I don't screw it up, LOL!

~taminator40

No comments: