Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Girls' Day Out

With Jeff and Hannah off skiing, Katherine and I had a quality day of shopping! We hit the mall and made quick work of all our favorite stores, including Bath and Body Works, Macy's, and Waldenbooks. Then we bought her some fabric at Jo Ann's (proving that being a good seamstress does, indeed, skip generations, she's inherited my mother's love of sewing). Next, because you can never have too many books in your life, we hit Barnes and Noble, which included a visit to the Starbuck's within (I have a problem with addiction to white chocolate mochas....). Then it was off to the $100 store, Target, and finally to the grocery for Jeff (I absolutely hate going to the grocery and would probably go hungry or simply only eat whatever's sold at Target if the grocery shopping was left up to me on a weekly basis). We finished out day eating Chinese. What a wonderful time, spending lots of money on things we don't need but just enjoying each other's company. I'm so glad that, at 10 years old, she still feels okay about occasionally holding my hand as we walk....what a good kid she is.

No comments: