Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Parting

Somewhere along the line, I've found myself rather addicted to Beverly Lewis's tales set in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. While they are definitely inspirational in tone, I can usually push that aspect aside as I read because she does do a great job bringing the Amish to life, and her characters are always genuine and credible. While there were things I had a problem with in her newest novel, The Parting, I can still say I enjoyed it quite a bit. I wish she wasn't quite so preachy at times; I'd much rather she incorporate some of the more inspirational lines a little less dramatically. But overall, I'm still going to be reading about these people whose culture is so foreign to me. You can find my review at
~taminator40

1 comment:

Bookfool said...

You're reading Garden Spells! Can't wait to see what you think about that one. I couldn't put that sucker down. :)