Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Monday, January 07, 2008

An 800+ Page Book Finished...#1 for the Year!


I finished my first book of 2008 last night: The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray. It's the third in the trilogy that began with A Great and Terrible Beauty. At 800+ pages, I feel pretty good for finishing it within a week.
This was a fitting ending to the trilogy, even if there were some abrupt changes and odd actions on the part of the main character. I liked that it wasn't necessarily a happy ending, but the possibilities remain for Gemma, the heroine. I think Bray did a good job of bringing her stories to fruition, and leading us on some strange twists and turns along the way.
My Amazon review can be found at http://tinyurl.com/yqonru. I hope you'll take a look.
Next up, in my year of reading what I want, is The Parting by Beverly Lewis. I enjoy her books even if they do tend to become preachy as the series go on.
~taminator40

No comments: