Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Titanic Eyewitness Book...Not Just For Kids!


I'm a Titanic buff, but it had been a while since I'd picked up a book on the subject. When I saw this one in our school's library, I decided just to flip through it to see what information it held. Imagine my surprise and delight when I realized that it was chock full of photos, information, and fun facts; I immediately checked it out and brought it home to peruse at a more leisurely pace and I'm so glad I did.
There is really nothing terribly new in the pages of this Eyewitness book, but it presents the story of the Titanic from its inception to its rediscovery with lots of detail so that anyone wanting to know more about the tragedy would come away enlightened. I absolutely loved the photos (a few of which I didn't recall having ever seen before), and I loved how many of the people so well known (and even unknown) were brought to life in these pages. Every piece of information I read had its basis in fact, and I was pleased to see that there was even mention of the debate over whether or not the debris field should be disturbed. This book gives a good overall look at the great ship and its demise without shying away from the hard stuff (descriptions even include the recovery of bodies), and it reads in such a way that people of all ages should be able to glean information in a very entertaining way. Highly recommended for readers of all ages.
~taminator40

2 comments:

Teddy Rose said...

This sounds really good. Who is the author, so I can try to find a copy?

Taminator said...

Simon Adams is the author. I was really very pleasantly surprised by how well written it was.