Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Monday, May 25, 2009

A Couple of Reviews

,


Short and sweet (like me! lol), two reviews of recent reads. I won't post the entire reviews here--you're only getting links to Amazon's reviews, sorry!--but both were very good in very different ways.


First up is Avi's Seer of Shadows, a book I'd been wanting to read for a while. Thank goodness for pbs since I could never seem to track down a copy in any bookstore around here. I adore Avi; his The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle is one of my all-time favorite books (including adult books). This one had a few quibbles for me (interracial romance in the 1870s being accepted, no problem? Yeah, right) but overall it was definitely a good read. You can read more of my thoughts at http://www.amazon.com/review/RVQB2F2B81T89/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm.


The second book is the fourth novel in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, Lover Revealed. Okay, yes, I love this series and I'm not ashamed to say so. :) Formulaic yet still fun, filled with sexy vampires and violence, I know what I'm getting when I open one, and I'm never disappointed. If that makes me low brow, well, who cares, really? Check out my fuller review on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/review/R13QQE8NJQ5LLJ/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm.

~taminator40

No comments: