Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Friday, March 21, 2008

Marked....



I admit it...I like vampires (or even vampyres, as they are called here). I'd picked this young adult novel up a while ago, and to get myself to read it sooner, I added it to my young adult challenge for 2008. I'm glad I picked it up; not much like Twilight, it is still an interesting take on the whole vampire theme.

At first I wasn't sure if I'd like this one; I almost gave up on it around the 100 page mark. I have lots of nitpicky reasons for not initially getting into the book, but thankfully the action picked up around the midway point and I was eagerly turning the pages by the last few chapters. While it's nowhere near the caliber of Twilight, it turned out to be enough fun that I'm sure I'll look for the next two in the series. I need the answers to a few questions.

My amazon review is found at http://tinyurl.com/2l2tl4. I wavered between 3 and 4 stars, but ultimately decided that I did enjoy it enough that it deserved the bump.

~taminator40

1 comment:

Teddy Rose said...

Wow Tammy,

You like vampires!

Really? I'd never guess!

That's news to me, not! LOL!

XXOO