Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Friday, March 14, 2008

Big Boned by Meg Cabot


I love Meg Cabot. I think she's the master of her game, able to write (and write and write and write---where on earth does she find the time?) fun-filled romps for both adults and young adults that engage me effortlessly. I can turn to her whenever I'm in dire need of brain candy and know that she will once again fill my poor deprived brain cells with her marvelous sense of humor. Who cares if you can see the ending coming a mile away? Her books are what they are, and I'm grateful for it.
Big Boned is the third in Cabot's Heather Wells Mystery Series, and probably the most lightweight as far as actual "mystery" goes. I'm assuming this is the final book in the series as it seems things get wrapped up pretty completely by book's end. My biggest complaints about this one, which is the least successful of the trio (yet still fun) are that it's too short (only 270+ pages) and things are way too easily wrapped up. Yet it's still a good one, and having served its purpose well, can be recommended by this satisfied fan for the sarcasm alone. My amazon review is found at http://tinyurl.com/2drlks.
~taminator40

No comments: