Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Getting Stoned With Savages


Getting Stoned With Savages by J. Maarten Troost is the second travelogue I've read by this funny author. While not quite as good as the first, Sex Lives of Cannibals, this one still has its moments and I happen to love the snarky way with words Troost uses. While I wished for more of the life adjustments Troost and his wife faced in the first book, I could appreciate the vast differences in life in the South Pacific and my own daily existence, and I am absolutely awed that Troost and his wife Sylvia chose to leave their cushy lives once again to live in such a remote area. I just completed my review on amazon and it can be found at http://tinyurl.com/24hkga. I enjoyed this one and hope that Troost finds another island paradise to write about soon!

~taminator40

No comments: