Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Monday, November 12, 2007

The Accidental Mother Review

I read The Accidental Mother by Rowan Coleman as a review book for Simon & Schuster. Brit Chick Lit at its best, this is an engaging tale of Sophie Mills, thoroughly satisfied with her life, and the 180 degree turn that's made when she inherits her dead best friend's two young daughters. Sophie agrees to watch the girls until their absentee father can be found, but of course the sailing isn't smooth, and Sophie comes to realize that perhaps her "perfect" life is anything but. While there were moments I was a bit frustrated with Sophie and her choices, I found this book to be light reading at its best. My biggest complaint is that I won't know how things go with Sophie since the book leaves us with a bit of a cliffhanger, IMHO. But overall I can definitely recommend this one as brain candy that is above average. My review can be found at amazon at http://tinyurl.com/2xeteu.

~taminator40

No comments: