Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Friday, June 01, 2007

Dead Until Dark Review


I stayed up to finish Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris last night, actually finishing it a few minutes past midnight, thanks to kittens jumping on me, lol. More fuel for my vampire obsession, this book is the story of Sookie Stackhouse, a mind-reading waitress who develops a relationship with the undead Bill. Together they work to solve the murders of Sookie's fellow waitresses and Sookie finds herself pulled deeper into Bill's dark world. Luckily for me, this is the first in a series and I'll definitely be looking for the rest of the books later this evening when I troll in Borders Bookstore while waiting for a table with my in-laws.


Here's the link to my amazon review: http://tinyurl.com/yu9um6 Visit if you feel like it.


Our month of birthdays has begun, with my mother-in-law's (and sister-in-law's) today, and another sister-in-law's tomorrow. Tonight we are celebrating dinner out at the ungodly hour of 8:30 p.m. and hopefully it will be good after waiting so long. But at least we're getting a trip through Borders out of it--my father-in-law is just as big a bibliophile as I am and it was easy to talk him into it.


~taminator40

2 comments:

CJ said...

I love the Sookie novels. They're all decent reads but I've got to admit I was a little disappointed with Definitely Dead but not enough so I'm not looking forward to reading All Together Dead.

If you enjoy Charlaine, give her Grave Sight and Grave Surprise a try.

Taminator said...

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to work my way through these and then move on to her other novels.

~taminator40