- Reading books for the Historical Novel Society. Had 3 to get through in a short amount of time (my fault entirely). But I'm done now and ready to move on!
- Starting school. Well, actually, school started August 14 but it's amazing the amount of time it sucks out of my life. With the new teacher evaluation system (don't get me started), this year is in overdrive already.
- Band. K is a sophomore this year and we're knee deep in marching band season. Our first contest is this weekend and then it's 5 weekends in a row...I'm getting a migraine.
- Band secretary. Yep, glutton for punishment, that's me. I'm the Band Booster secretary, which entails note taking for meetings (natch), and also upkeeping the band website (John Overton High School Band), and this year I've taken over the grocery store fundraising (about which our former president lied...it is SO MUCH MORE than 30 minutes per month).
- Jury duty. This past week I did my civic duty and reported to be a juror. Didn't get selected (thank goodness!) but I did report. It could've been 3 days or more, but one was all right with me. I feel like a good citizen.
- Learning the ropes as a new editor at the Historical Novel Society. It's fun but at times overwhelming. But I'm enjoying it!
And my reading has sucked. Big time. I've been thinking I've been in need of a light, not much concentration required YA book, and I picked up Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan last night. I'm over 150 pages in already! Sometimes you just need brain candy. I'd like to think things are going to slow down a bit but I seriously doubt it. Oh well. Overall, things are good, if harried. Hopefully I'll get back to blogging more in the future.