Now, in no particular order, my Top Ten Reads for 2009 (all rated at least a 9 on my 10 point scale):
- The Endless Forest by Sara Donati
- An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon
- Fade Out by Rachel Caine
- Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me? by Louise Rennison
- Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs
- The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr
- Forever Princess by Meg Cabot
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
There were plenty more which *almost* made the list but these were definitely in my Top Ten.
Big sadnesses: A few of my favorite series came to an end, including Meg Cabot's Princess Diaries, Louise Rennison's Georgia Nicolson, Sara Donati's Into the Forest, and Anna Godbersen's Luxe series.
My biggest book resolution for 2010 is to read more of my own books (which now threaten to take over the house and form a mutiny if left unread) rather than continuing to request so many ARCs and review books. I've got to remind myself that I purchased these books for a reason and I really do want to read them.
Happy New Year and Happy Reading!