Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Monday, May 26, 2008

Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris

I picked up Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris because I'm such a fan of her Southern Vampire Mysteries. And while this one had Harris's trademark engaging writing, it fell a little flat for me. The "mystery" was quite transparent, and honestly, in this day and age, not that big of a deal really (had the problem been stopped early on, however). I found the relationship between Harper Connelly and her stepbrother Tolliver a bit on the weird, too dependent side, and I would've liked more background on just why Harper clings so to him. The best I can say, though, is that there is a preview for the next book in the back and it was interesting enough to make me want to continue in the series. My amazon review can be found at http://www.amazon.com/review/R1T26VOMD8C0LF/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm.

~taminator40

No comments: