Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Monday, April 14, 2008

Change of Heart Review


Having read some of the reviews on amazon, it seems pretty apparent that Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult is a polarizing book. Many, like me, loved it, but just about an equal number disliked it and found it to be one of her least well-written novels.
There are a number of reasons I loved this book: Picoult's research into the history of the Gospels is impeccable, and she accomplishes her goals of questioning religion without becoming preachy. I liked the flawed characters, especially Father Michael; I liked the ideas presented; I liked the moral dilemmas. Some have pointed out that the plot echoes Stephen King's The Green Mile, which I suppose it does (though I've not read that one). But I believe Picoult has written a deep, thought-provoking novel, even if I did figure out one of the twists fairly early. This one will give you pause to consider the death penalty and where to find God. You can find my complete review at http://tinyurl.com/5j5z7a.
~taminator40

No comments: