Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Carpe Demon


Julie Kenner's Carpe Demon is lots of fun...definitely not deep reading, but good for my need for lightheartedness. Our heroine is Kate Connor, former Demon Hunter turned housewife, who is suddenly thrust back into her old life when a demon attacks her out of nowhere. After she realizes that she's going to have fight again, Kate plunges into her dual lifestyle full-throttle, taking martial arts lessons, stopping demon dogs, searching the church archives, and yes, hostessing impromptu dinner parties at the same time. While I realize that this is, of course, a paranormal fantasy novel, there were a couple of things that stretched my imagination to the breaking point, including the fact that Kate first springs an elderly stranger from his nursing home, and then brings him home to live (possibly forever?). But overall it's a pretty fun read, and I appreciate my friend Barbara sharing it with me. Here's the link to my amazon review: http://tinyurl.com/2jbbel .
Next I've picked up The September Girls by Maureen Lee. The reasons are two-fold: it's on my tbr_challenge list, and it's September! I read September by Rosamund Pilcher a few years ago during the month of September, and I thought why not try it again? And so far I'm absolutely loving it. I have a feeling it's going to receive a glowing review when I'm done.
~taminator40

No comments: