Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving Break!!

Things I Am Thankful For:

  • My health
  • My family
  • Jeff (and the fact that we found each other at such a young age)
  • My cat (aged 19 and still going strong!)
  • My friends (and also the fact that I'm not dependent on them to feel good about myself)
  • Good cars
  • A warm house
  • A five day weekend!
  • Books, books, books!
  • Good food
  • Pants with elastic waists (LOL)
  • Imitrex (God's gift to migraine sufferers!)
  • My computers!
  • Christmas trees, decorations, ornaments, etc.
  • Snow!
  • Digital cameras
  • Dolls
  • Titanic trivia, books, movies, dolls, etc.
  • Medieval history
  • The beach during the summer

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going to my mom's on Thanksgiving Day as we always do. There is something about being at my mom's that makes me nuts. It's just a feeling I get---I want to get out of the house as quickly as possible. It's not like it's dirty or I'm afraid---in fact I'm fairly certain my dad's ghost hangs about. It's just this oppressive air, left over from my childhood. I still feel like she's judging me and I'm just not comfortable. You'd think at age 42 I could put it all behind me but there it is, hanging like the big Matzo ball it is. I always feel better when we leave and go to Jeff's parents', though they have their own set of quirks and irritations. I'm afraid if I analyze this too much I'll have to deal with the heavy shit, and I just don't want to. I'm just not comfortable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ode to Christmas Stuff

I unpack you carefully

Gazing at my treasures and remembering

They all remind me of another time

And their beauty makes me smile

Is it because they are of Christmas or...

Is it Christmas because of them?

Adios, amigos! Have a wondermous Thanksgiving!

No comments: