Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Friday, February 27, 2009

Finished Another One...And Requested More

Just popping in briefly to say I finished The Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klassen. Though it's for review for HNS (www.historicalnovelsociety.org), so I really can't say much about it here, I will say it's going to be a positive review. Next up is Galway Bay by Mary Pat Kelly, also a review book for HNS.

But I do have a problem. I seem to be accumulating books (and particularly review books, whether for HNS, Amazon Vine, or Simon and Schuster) at an alarming rate, especially given the fact that my reading progresses in fits and sputters lately. I truly do want to read everything I request (or get sent) but I've got to learn a bit more restraint. Patiently awaiting me after I finish Galway Bay:
  • Honolulu by Alan Brennert
  • Figures in Silk by Vanora Bennett
  • Prayers For Sale by Sandra Dallas
  • Un Lun Din by China Mieville
  • Dog On It by Spencer Quinn

And one other that for the life of me I can't recall. With all this in mind, what did I do this afternoon? Yep, order another review book from Amazon Vine: Palace Circle by Rebecca Dean.

I confess: I'm a bookaholic and I have a problem.

~taminator40

3 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I can't wait to read Honolulu (enroute from another library as I type) :). I also want to read Prayers for Sale and I have the audio Tallgrass; Dallas as well. (I've over whelmed LOL)

Teddy Rose said...

I am also reading Galway Bay right now.

I also have a hard time showing restraint with ARCs! There are so many good sounding one out there!

Right now I'm only reading ARC, trying to catch up!

Paula said...

Sandra Dallas has a new one coming?!? How did I miss that. Can't wait to read your review for The Apothecary's Daughter.