Today's Grateful List/31 December 2015

  • Going to get answers no matter what

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Me and a Guy Named Elvis



Well, not ME personally, lol, but the book by Jerry Schilling that details his life as a member of the Memphis Mafia throughout the 60s and 70s. Schilling seems like a very decent guy; he gives insight into Elvis's life inside a fishbowl, a life most of us could only imagine living. While there are some details missing, I thought Schilling did an excellent job giving us an insider's view into a surreal time. I'm not a major Elvis fan, but I have visited Graceland (twice! both times on school field trips with my daughters) and I can't begin to imagine the daily life that went on. This is an easy, intriguing book that serves to bring me closer to the King and made me smile on many occasions. Who'd have thought that Elvis was a big Monty Python fan? Good stuff.

Here's my amazon review link: http://www.amazon.com/review/R218U6RVARCD75/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

~taminator40

1 comment:

Nanci said...

This has nothing to do with Elvis, but how was Th House at Riverton? It's on my wish list - should I just go ahead and get it?